Sunday, August 29, 2010

There is no turning back....

Tomorrow I begin my training program! I remember when I had this crazy idea to do this half-marathon I didn't think that I would be this excited. I know I won't be EVERY day of this training program but even now as I run I can picture finishing and I get so excited that I run a little faster for those final few steps.

Despite all this excitement, there are many days that I am nervous. I am nervous about how it will be that day, will I finish it, will I hurt myself in this process, am I taking on too much...all these things go through my mind when I think about this race.
This will not be my first race ever, though. I have done a few 5Ks (3.2 miles) and an 8K (5 miles).

The picture is from finishing that and the medal I got from that. I have that hanging on my mirror to inspire me every morning. I will need all the inspiration I can get!

So thanks for following me on this journey and think about joining me! :)

3 comments:

  1. Hey Natalie - I'm so impressed! Some girlfriends of mine from work are doing a half this fall too! I will cheer you on via the web :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Natalie! You can do it! I, on the other hand, am still focussing my efforts on the "couch" part of "Couch to 5K"...

    ReplyDelete
  3. When Was Running Discovered I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article.

    ReplyDelete