Monday, November 1, 2010

Week 9

It’s November! The big day is getting very close…very very close. 

How do I know this? Well, it is officially November 1st so that is making us 20 days away from the big day! I also know this because this week I ran 11 miles for my long run.  I also know that it is coming because more and more people are asking me if I am ready for the race.

It is officially November as of today.  Other than the other most important day of this month (TOMORROW TUESDAY NOVEMBER 2ND GO VOTE!!!!) November 21st is really getting close.  The days are dwindling between today and race day. I am excited and very nervous at the same time.

I also know that race day is close because my long runs are getting longer.  If I sit here and think about running 13.1 miles I will not want to get up off this comfy couch! I know this because for the past 2 weeks when I thought about the increasingly longer long runs I freak out. I don’t think I can do it and I consistently doubt my ability to do it.  This could be considered as an important part of my training program, the mental training of my program.  I believe that running races like this is a lot of mental work.  Physically I can sit here and say yes, I could do it.  I am not always as sure of my mental state to run the full race.  Every Sunday, just like this week, I have to train my mind to believe that I can run this race.

Finally the way that I know it is getting close is the number of people asking me about the race.  All of the sudden I know that it is getting close because people are asking me about my training and how my running is going. I really do take it as supportive. I know that when I run on November 21st I will have all of Team Nat running with me in spirit. It does make me think about the race more when people ask but let’s face it, that is all I am thinking about these days anyway!

Week 9 total for those counting at home is 27 miles. I skipped a run this week because I was feeling a bit sick and run down on Tuesday.  Let’s hope for a good and healthy week! 

1 comment:

  1. Hey there! I got your email tonight and decided to check out your blog for the first time since I got the link. I am so impressed by your determination and strength. I knew that running was hard, but I didn't realize that it took so much mental process to get through. I'm excited for you and I know you can do it! Thanks for including me in your struggle. I'm proud to witness your process and I'm excited for you to conquer your inner voice that tells you that you can't do it. Keep coming back, it works if you work it :-) Hope jury duty was fun, you were missed at the office today!

    ReplyDelete